The blessed month of Ramadan is a time for worship, devotion and reflection on the deeper meaning of life. The spiritual exercises of fasting and prayer have a transforming influence not only on our hearts and minds but on the body, therefore:
- The month of Ramadan is an opportunity to focus on living a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
- Fasting helps us to think about our eating habits.
- It builds self-control and discipline.
- Gives the stomach a break from the laborious job of digestion and excretion.
- Aids in expelling toxins – detoxifies the body.