‘To help individuals and families learn life skills and develop moral and spiritual values through education, worship and recreation’
The Karimia Institute was founded in 1990 with the support of the local community in Nottingham (UK) and the chief executive officer Dr Musharraf Hussain al-Azhari OBE.
The Karimia Institute is a national charity working across England and oversees in Pakistan and Trinidad. We are an innovative and dynamic Muslim organisation. We have developed centres for worship, education, training and self-development in various locations around the UK. The scope and variety of our activities are focused on bringing about a personal, spiritual and moral awakening in the individual.
Our headquaters are located in Nottingham where we deliver services and a range of projects. Our services include:
- Offering support to the Muslim community & organisations
- Operating 3 masjids which offer 5 daily prayers and Jummah prayer
- Two ofsted registered nurseries for 2-5 year olds
- A range of youth services and volunteering programmes
- Other projects include: health projects, sports and recreational classes, youth work training and leadership training for third sector faith groups
- Consultancy support to government departments such as FCO and DCLG
Karimia Institute, its volunteers and staff are driven to serving others, especially those that are underprivileged and vulnerable in our society.