Post Title: Adult Assistant Scout Leader (Beavers and Cubs)
Responsible to: Unit scout leader
Location: Bobbersmill Community Centre
Hours: On average 2 hours per week
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- Supervising and putting on activities at the Scout sessions
- Supervise activities at the Scout sessions.
- Contribute to activity ideas that the children can do.
- Carry out risk assessments as required.
- Ensure that the equipment is checked before taken out for young people to use, following health and safety procedures
- Ensure regular opportunities are provided for Troop Forum in order to ensure that the Scouts views and opinions are considered.
- To stop all games when the call for prayer is called (Azaan) and young people are ready to pray
- Agree responsibilities with Assistant scout leaders, taking into account when appropriate, the development of the individual’s leadership potential
- Delivering a balanced programme for the Scout Section taking into accounts needs and interests and abilities of the Scouts within their Troop
- Ensure that every member of the Troop has the opportunity to attend at least one Patrol or Troop residential experience each year
- Building relationships
- Engage with the young people.
- Engage with parents, carers, other members of the community
- Furthering the development of young people
- Work with young people to address any concerns or worries that they might have.
- Play an active part in their development by being a role model to them.
- Identify young people who would be willing to get involved in running the Karimia Youth Club at a later stage.
- Contributing to the long-term vision of the Scout Group
- The appointment of Troop Assistants with the approval of the Scout Group Leader
- Follow the Groups financial procedures which must be in accordance with Karimia Institutes
- Help to develop the Scout group.
- Attend meeting of the Group Council, and the Group Executive Committee as well as meetings of leaders at Group and District level
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Take part in a full induction programme.
- Deal with issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Meet the requirements of the Scout Group Child Protection Policy.
- Undertake training in personal development as the needs of the volunteering may require.
- Carry out additional duties as shall from time to time be required as workload dictates.
Please contact Yaseen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.