Post Title: Youth Outreach Worker
Responsible to: Youth Worker
Location: Bobbersmill Community Centre
Hours: On average 2.5 – 5 hours per week
Main Duties and Accountabilities
To develop an outreach and support service to provide guidance, advice and advocacy to young people, improve accessibility of mainstream services and work in partnership with external agencies to expand the organisations community safety work.
- Act with a high degree of autonomy, initiative and flexibility and take an active role in developing and improving the service
- Undertake outreach work which will expand participation of marginalised youth and meet their information and support needs.
- Support an in-house guidance, advice and advocacy service for young people through inviting specialists to sessions at Bobbersmill Community Centre.
- Work with youth to increase their access to health, social care and housing services.
- Help develop systems to signpost and refer and ensure best outcomes for youth.
- Help develop the Karimias community safety work by working in partnership with Police and related services to address anti social behavior and youth crime hot spots.
- Develop partnership work with health agencies to improve health knowledge and outcomes for young people.
- Provide guidance, information and advice to other professionals in relation to working with Muslim young people.
- Develop the information resources and maintain supplies of appropriate information materials for distribution to young people.
- Attend relevant meetings, conferences and training as part of continuing professional development.
- Work as part of the staff team, attending team meetings, undertaking supervision with the youth worker
- Work in accordance with all Karimia policies and procedures, including confidentiality, equal opportunities, health and safety and financial systems.
- Work some evenings and weekends to ensure programme delivery
- Carry out any other duties as may be determined from time to time by the youth worker which may be reasonably required of the volunteer
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to change.
You must be over 18
You must have:
- A knowledge of issues facing Muslim young people
- A commitment to working with disengaged Muslim young people in the community
- A good level of English, Maths and IT
- Good communication skills
- An ability to organise activities
- Be punctual and committed to working with young people
Please contact Ajaz by email: email@example.com for more information.