Post Title: Youth Leader
Responsible to: Youth Worker
Location: Bobbersmill Community Centre
Hours: On average 2.5 – 5 hours per week
Main Duties and Accountabilities
- To befriend and support at least 5 young people between 13 and 17
- To organise and deliver various local youth activities that promote social education with support from the youth worker.
- To engage with Muslim young people to participate in activities across the city
- To actively support and promote health and well being.
- To help young people fundraise for activities/projects they would like to set up.
- To attend occasional meetings and feedback regularly to the youth worker.
- To maintain a register of young people worked with.
- To undertake appropriate training as identified by the youth worker.
- To undertake any other duties that are consistent with the needs of this post.
You must be over 18
You must have:
- A knowledge of issues facing Muslim young people
- A commitment to working with disengaged Muslim young people in the community
- A good level of English, Maths and IT
- Good communication skills
- An ability to organise activities
- Be punctual and committed to working with young people
Please contact Ajaz by email on email@example.com for more information.